On hot, humid days I love nothing more than a creamy, frozen treat (just see my Concrete Playground feature on The Ten Best Frozen Treats in Brisbane). However, my poor stomach just can’t handle the decadence of full fat ice cream or sugary gelato on a regular basis…despite how much my eyes might want it. Froyo maybe…(seriously addicted to Yoflow) but even then I have to justify its high added-sugar content!
So to combat the cravings I recently started to whip up this ludicrously simple and uber healthy (win, win) 3 ingredient Banana Malt Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Ripple. Yes. You read correctly. Only 3 ingredients required! There is no added sugar, it’s completely vegan and it tastes exactly like a frozen banana-malt-milkshake with crunchy chunks of slightly salty peanut butter.
Be warned though – it might be super simple but it’s super addictive…
3 ingredient Banana Malt Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Ripple
Serves 4 (moderate portion size)
- 4 large frozen bananas
- 1 heaped tbsp. natural crunchy peanut butter (Ridiculously Delicious, Pics or Sanitarium are all recommended)
- 250ml of macadamia milk (I buy Australia’s Own Organic in the tetra pack – this is what gives the ice cream the malt flavour!)
- Roughly cut the frozen bananas into 3-4cm long pieces (use kitchen scissors) in a metal bowl
- Add 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter and 250ml of macadamia milk
- Use a hand-stick blender to mix until creamy
- Eat immediately or adjust mixture to taste and put in the freezer until just firm
- Savour the guilt-free flavour
Hope you enjoy the taste sensation! What’s your favourite frozen treat?